We think that North Point Lodge is the best vacation rental in Park City. But as much as we love North Point Lodge, we realize that it can't fit everybody's needs. Here are five reasons why North Point Lodge may not be the right vacation rental for you and why you may be better off booking a different Park City vacation rental.
1. You like noise. Okay, we're starting this list with tongue in cheek. But in all seriousness, some people want to rent a condo with a restaurant downstairs and a bar next door. North Point Lodge is not for these people. North Point Lodge is located in Bear Hollow Village, a quiet, residential community near the Utah Olympic Park. Within walking distance or a short drive of restaurants, bars and shops, North Point Lodge is the perfect place to kick back and recover after a night on the town.
2. You want to ski in and ski out. We all want a ski in and ski out vacation rental, but in Park City you need to be a millionaire to afford that kind of fun for a large group. Because North Point Lodge is located only 5 minutes down the road from Park City Mountain Resort rather than directly on the slope, we can accommodate very large groups at very reasonable prices. As a result, North Point Lodge offers unbeatable value.
3. You don't need extra space. In general, vacation rentals offer you and your guests significantly more space than traditional hotels offer. For years, my family stayed at hotels when we were on vacation, which meant that my wife and I would sit in a dark room for an hour after the kids went to bed. If we were lucky, we could turn on the TV and watch a movie with closed captioning, hoping that the kids wouldn't wake up. What a vacation! Then we discovered vacation rentals, where we can put kids to bed in one room and enjoy the rest of the evening in another room. We also love cooking our own meals in a kitchen and having a living room so that we're not on top of each other. Some people don't need or want this extra space.
4. You're bringing pets. I love pets, but most of our other guests don't. As a result, North Point Lodge has a strict no pets policy. We can, however, recommend local kennels and other pet services if needed.
5. You're hosting a rave. I also love a good rave, but just not in my house. If you're planning to host a wild and crazy party during your vacation, our property manager will recommend that you rent a different venue. Other parties, like birthdays, anniversaries and dinner parties, are always welcome!
In my opinion, these are the only reasons why you wouldn't love North Point Lodge. If you are someone who likes a quite neighborhood that is close to the action, an affordable vacation rental that is close to the slopes and lots of extra space (two kitchens and two living rooms!) and you're not bringing your adorable pets or hosting a wild party, then we're sure North Point Lodge will be the perfect vacation rental for your Park City vacation!